- Boston Red Sox
- Activated RHP Curt Schilling from the 15-day disabled list and outrighted RHP Scott Cassidy to Triple-A Pawtucket. Acquired RHP Chad Bradford from the Oakland Athletics for OF Jay Payton.
- Colorado Rockies
- Placed OF Brad Hawpe on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 10, with a strained hamstring and purchased the contract of OF Ryan Spilborghs from Triple-A Colorado Springs. Acquired RHP Zach Day, OF J.J. Davis and a Minor League player to be named or cash considerations from the Washington Nationals for OF Preston Wilson and cash considerations; acquired OF Eric Byrnes and INF Omar Quintanilla from the Oakland Athletics for LHP Joe Kennedy and RHP Jay Witasick.
- Oakland Athletics
- Acquired LHP Joe Kennedy and RHP Jay Witasick from the Colorado Rockies for OF Eric Byrnes and INF Omar Quintanilla. Acquired OF Jay Payton and cash considerations from the Boston Red Sox in exchange for RHP Chad Bradford.
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays
- Sent RHP Rob Bell outright to Triple-A Durham. He had been designated for assignment on July 9; Optioned LHP Joe Beimel to Triple-A Durham.
- Texas Rangers
- Optioned RHP Juan Dominguez to Triple-A Oklahoma.
- Washington Nationals
- Acquired OF Preston Wilson from the Colorado Rockies for RHP Zach Day, OF J.J. Davis and a PTBN or cash. Signed LHP Mike Stanton; Returned from rehab and activated OF Ryan Church from the 15-day disabled list; Placed INF Junior Spivey (right radius fracture, retroactive to July 9) and INF Tony Blanco (vertigo associated with a sinus infection, retroactive to July 11) on the 15-day disabled list; Transferred INF Henry Mateo from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list.